FAQs — Student Questions Answered

Enquire now

Royal College of Healthcare FAQs:

I’m a school leaver/I have no qualifications. Am I eligible to study with Royal College of Healthcare?

Our courses are designed to suit everyone including school leavers and mature age students. Some of our courses do have formal pre-requisites which will be discussed upon enquiry. A base level of language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) is required. Students who have been identified as needing to refresh their LLN skills are encouraged to discuss the course’s suitability and support services available with Royal College of Healthcare.

I’m over 45 and am thinking about switching careers. Can I enrol?

With the growing ageing population, we would say you are wise to want to get into the aged care industry! Completing a qualification with Royal College of Healthcare will improve your work opportunities and career options. Head to our CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing) course page for more information!

Will my qualification be nationally recognised?

Our qualifications have been developed under the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF), so they are accredited and nationally recognised.

Will my Royal College of Healthcare qualification help if I want to go to university in the future?

Yes, our qualifications can articulate into universities to fast track your education. Every university is different though, so pathways may vary across qualifications and courses.

Will my Royal College of Healthcare qualification help me to get a job/promotion?

Because our courses are developed in consultation with the aged care industry and community groups, you can rest assured that your qualification is highly valued by employers, education and training providers and the wider community. The skills and knowledge you gain from our courses are designed to be career-relevant so you can apply them immediately if you are already working or use them to get the job you want.

I have work or other commitments. What if I don’t have much time to study?

With distance or blended learning you can develop a schedule that suits your schedule with your trainer. We’ve designed the courses to be as flexible as possible. Most students submit 1 to 2 units per month and comfortably complete the course within 18 months.

How do I enrol?

Give us a call on 1300 023 011 or contact us.

Is there an enrolment closing date?

We have classes running in various locations around Queensland. Contact us to find out when and where the best classroom based course is for you, or ask us about our flexible delivery options so you can study anywhere in Queensland with a rolling intake date.

How do I get my course materials if I study by blended learning?

Blended learning is achieved through use of either electronic or hard copy workbooks and assessments. Once your enrolment has been confirmed we will provide you with your first portfolio of learning materials by post.

What kind of student support is available?

To help you achieve your goals, expert teacher support is on hand. Upon enrolment, you will receive details of your allocated trainer, including their mobile phone number and email address. If you are choosing to study via classroom based learning, you will see your trainer regularly.

We encourage you to contact your trainer with any questions you have about your course and the office is available from Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm throughout the year. We try to respond to all emails within 24 hours during the work week. If you feel like you need additional support, we also have a student success program where your student success coach is available on appointment for one-on-one or group tutoring sessions.

What if I need to stop studying for a while due to other commitments?

The best thing to do is speak with your trainer so you can figure out the best way to proceed. Students enrolled as an existing worker will need to negotiate changes to their training plan with their employer and with Royal College of Healthcare.

Will I get credit for my previous study/work experience?

Recognized Prior Learning is a form of assessment that enables you to be given credit for what you already know and can do, in other words your competencies. If you can present appropriate supportive evidence, competence in a particular unit or number of units of the course may be granted. More details can be found in our Student Handbook or contact us.

When will I receive my certificate?

Qualification certificates are issued within 30 days of the learner successfully completing their course.
If a learner requires their certificate be reissued, you can contact us and a new certificate will be provide at a small fee.

What do my fees cover?

Your tuition fees cover all learning materials, assessment as well as student coaching support.

Is there any financial assistance/government grant I can apply for?

Funded training and financial assistance may be available depending on your circumstances. For more information feel free to contact us. You may be eligible for financial assistance from Centrelink. Applications for assistance are assessed by Centrelink so you should contact your nearest Centrelink office to discuss your eligibility.

Don’t see what you’re looking for?

Contact us on 1300 023 011 if you have any other questions.

Make an enquiry

ITECA - Independent Tertiary Education Council Australia
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Youtube
1300 032 011Enquire Now