Enhance your career before EOFY and claim it

Tuesday, June 20, 2017


Did you know you could potentially claim your next course at tax time? Enrol in a course that is relevant to your work before June 30 and it can count as a work-related expense.
At Royal College we think any time is a good time to upskill, so take advantage and enrol before end of financial year.
According to the Australian Tax Office (ATO), there is a range of self-education expenses you can claim if you fit in to one of these categories:

  1. Your course is related to your current employment
  2. Your course is likely to result in an increase in your income from your current employment

Study-related expenses at tax time

If you currently work in aged care, disability care or the healthcare industry and enrol in a Royal College course relevant to your work or an increase in income within your current employment, you could claim a range of education-related expenses at tax time.
Your study-related expenses might include:

  • Course fees
  • Textbooks
  • Internet usage (excluding connection fees)
  • Computer consumables
  • Stationery (pens, notebooks, highlighter, yearly planner)
  • Trade, professional or academic journals

Maximise your career (and your tax return!)

Whether you’ve been working towards advancing in your job or you want to improve your current skills, Royal College can help. Enrol now to maximise your career and your tax return with our high quality aged care courses. Take a look at our range of aged and disability care courses here.

If you’re unsure about which course is right for your current situation, the Royal College’s team can guide and support you in making a rewarding decision. Your payment is tax deductible if you pay your full fee before 30 June 2017. Course fee payments made after the 2016-17 tax year will be tax deductible at the end of 30 June 2018. Contact Royal College today to get started before the 2016-17 tax year comes to an end.

The information above is general information only and does not constitute professional advice. Get in touch with the ATO or a tax professional to learn more about how this information applies to your individual circumstances.

Make an enquiry

ITECA - Independent Tertiary Education Council Australia
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Youtube
1300 032 011Enquire Now